Charles Leclerc said that if he races for Ferrari in the future, he wants to win the titles earned by his late friend and mentor Jules Bianchi. Monacan has a very good first part of the season behind them, in which they have scored five times in the last seven races with Sauber. With these results, the media started linking him to a transfer to Ferrari as early as the following season. Charles has been a racer at Ferrari's racing school for three years now, so with his performances, switching to the Reds seems like it's only a matter of time. However, Leclerc was closely associated with another Ferrari racing school racer, Jules Bianchi, who died in 2015 as a result of an accident at Suzuki the year before. Bianchi was then mentioned as the successor to Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari. Leclerc recently explained in an interview how pom
In the French city of Nice, a street that used to be called 'rue du Sapin' will be named after him in 2015 in honor of the late racer Jules Bianchi. The racer, born in Nice in 1989, succumbed to the injuries of an accident at the 2015 Grand Prix of Japan on July 2014, 1. In Formula 34, he competed in 23 races and won the first points for the Marussia team at the Monaco Grand Prix. The street is located in a neighborhood where sports are very important. The football stadium of the local OGC Nice club is also nearby. The ceremony, which will begin on January 16 at 45:XNUMX p.m., will also be attended by the Mayor of Nice. This is a neighborhood where they decided to name the streets after famous athletes from their city. Here, the street has already been named after Camille Muffat, a three-time Olympic medalist in swimming.
The family of the tragically deceased racer Jules Bianchi has filed a lawsuit against the FIA, Formula 1 and the Marussia team. Bernie Ecclestone admitted that he was still upset about the incident, but the family had done what they basically had to do, thus showing that he was not afraid of the allegations. The Bianchi family admits that they respect those who write # JP17 on their helmets or racing cars, but the family is still very upset because those responsible for the accident are still hiding the circumstances of the accident and blaming Jules for everything. "Racers are afraid to say anything in public or comment on the accident at the time," Philippe Bianchi told Sky Sports. One of the racers told him openly that many will not speak as long as they are anywhere near the camera. When we talk
Anyone who wanted to have a real Formula 1 car at home as well has the opportunity to attend the auction of one of the luxury auction houses that sells original cars from the private collection of one of the collectors. Thus, the original race cars of the Manor-Marussia team and their previous Virgin team from the seasons from 2010 to 2013 will be auctioned. Jules Bianchi, Timo Glock and Lucas di Grassi drove them on the racetracks. Such auctions are not uncommon, but so far older racing cars have appeared. Why he, currently an anonymous collector, decided to sell and how he actually got to them is not yet known.
Formula 1 drivers have been working for a long time to introduce additional protections, especially for the head area. The current chairman of the GPDA (drivers' association), Alexander Wurz, told the British TV network BBC that drivers unanimously demanded the introduction of additional driver protection as soon as possible. “Based on research, we drivers have come to the conclusion that 2017 is the high time to introduce additional protections in the cockpit,” Wurz continued. The accident of Jules Bianchi last October also encouraged these calls again, as the young Frenchman eventually succumbed to the consequences of head injuries. Thus, drivers support a system that would increase the strength of the space of the race car drivers and further protect them from possible damage to various parts, which in the event of damage to the race cars "fly" around.
Many people present in the Formula 1 field paid tribute to the French racer by attending the funeral of Jules Bianchi in Nice, after he died nine weeks after an accident in Japan last week. The funeral took place in the Sainte Reparate Cathedral, which was decorated outside with Bianchi’s large portraits in Marussa’s clothing. Wreaths were laid in the nearby square, and spectators were able to watch the ceremony from there through a sound system. The event was attended by world champions Lewis Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel, Jenson Button and Alain Prost, and among other racers, Romain Grosjean, Daniel Ricciardo, Daniil Kvat, Nico Rosberg, Nico Hulkenberg, Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Massa showed respect. Also John Booth, Marussia team boss, Graeme Lowdon, Marussia president and sports director
As a sign of respect for Jules Bianchi, the FIA has decided that Bianchi's starting number 17 will no longer be available to Formula One drivers. "Since the start numbers are chosen by the racers, we at the FIA believe that it is most appropriate to" retire "Bianchi's start number 17," they wrote in a press release. "That number will no longer be available to any Formula One racer." In December 2013, Bianchi expressed a desire to compete with one of the starting numbers 7, 27 or 77. In the end, 7 was awarded to Kimi Raikkonen, 27 to Nico Hulkenberg and 77 to Valtteri Bottas, so Bianchi opted for 17.
In recent days, a lot of ink has been spilled around who could or will replace Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari. On Saturday, however, the media wrote about the deaths of Jules Bianchi, a Marussie racer and a reserve Ferrari team racer. Luca di Montezemolo, the fired Ferrari president, however, caused another shock as he said that under his leadership at Ferrari, Bianchi was planning to take possession of Raikkonen’s race car after he was scheduled to race at Sauber this year. “Jules Bianchi was one of us,” di Montezemolo said. “He was a member of the Ferrari family and a racer we chose for the future when the collaboration with Raikkonen ends,” he added. Just a few days before the Suzuki crash, Bianchi said he was ready to transfer to Ferrari when there was speculation about who would be next to Ra
Jules Bianchi’s family has announced that the funeral of the racer, who died Friday night, will take place on Tuesday in his hometown of Nice. The official Twitter profile of the former Formula 1 racer has confirmed that the event will take place on July 21 at 10 a.m. at Sainte Reparate Cathedral. In honor of his teammate from the 2013/2014 season, Max Chilton dedicated his best starting position in Indy Lights, which he achieved this weekend. "I dedicate this to Bianchi. It wasn't easy and I'm sure he would beat me if he was here. I always did my best, but Bianchi was one of those who was destined for great things," Chilton said.
The world mourns Jules Bianchi, who after nine months in a coma became the first racer to be fatally injured in a Formula One race since 1994, when Ayrton Senna tragically died. Many racing colleagues and former team rivals expressed their condolences publicly. What happened? On October 5, Bianchi, a Marussie driver, flew off the track in heavy rain just nine laps before the end of the race in Suzuki and collided with an elevator pulling another race car. Jules drove under the back of the elevator, hitting his head hard against the metal weights. Rescuers took him to the hospital, where they found severe head injuries. Nine torturous months followed, where we heard mostly uninspiring news about the young racer's condition. Circumstances of the accident The accident was investigated by the FIA in detail
Learn more about cookies and privacy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may be necessary for the website to function and is used to collect personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.