Marc Marquez said it was just amazing how Valentino Rossi revived his career after a few bad seasons, adding that he probably wouldn’t have been able to do it on his own. Rossi became runner-up this season, winning two races and it was his best season since 2009, when he last celebrated the world title. The 2010 season was marred by a broken leg for the Italian, followed by two years at the uncompetitive Ducati. He finally returned to Yamaha, where he raised his form to an enviable level this year. "Unbelievable. After two not so good seasons at Ducati, he returned to Yamaha, where he was also not very good. But this year he showed that he is a very strong competitor," Marquez commented on Rossi's form. “After three or four years without good results, it’s hard to come back
Gene Hass, who plans to arrive in a Formula 1 caravan in the 2016 season, has set out on a hunt for the remains of the Marussia team. He had already participated in Marussa’s auction, but the funds were mostly sold to higher bidders. The factory in Banbury, which he has now purchased, was not part of the auction, and its purpose is to use it as a European base, while the team is otherwise located in North Carolina. A report on the factory’s recent purchase adds that Haas is also expected to have Marussa’s data and models for the 2015 race car.
If you’re a true Kimi Raikkonen fan and your boss has proven himself with a generous Christmas present, you’ll be able to compete in the international auction on January 10 for the race car that took Finca to the gates of Formula One. It is a 2000 Tattoo Formula Renault, bought the same year by the British Formula Renault team, Manor Motorsport. With him, the then relatively unknown Raikkonen won a staggering seven of the ten races and celebrated the championship title. The car was overhauled in 2005 and houses the original powertrain. The price is not yet known. In addition to the aforementioned race car, the Coys auction house will sell a number of other interesting and rare vehicles at the auction on January 10.
Buemi, who competed in as many as 55 major awards between 2009 and 2011, currently holds the position of reserve racer Red Bull. He will continue to play this role in the coming season, as his boss Christian Horner believes he has become a very important member of the Red Bull racing squad: “Buemi has been a member of our team for quite a few years now. He has progressed and become very important to us. With his experience, we can fight for the title. That's why we extended his contract, because we want him in our circle of racers. ”Buemi is currently competing in the Formula E championship, where he ranks second in the overall standings. This year he also competed in the WEC championship. Sam says he will be happy to help Red Bull regain the title he lost to Mercedes this year: “I love being a member of the team
Honda boss Livio Suppo claims that Dani Pedrosa, despite not yet becoming a world champion in the elite class, is one of MotoGP’s top racers. The Spaniard has won 26 races in the Honda factory team in nine seasons, but has not yet won the world title, and has been overshadowed by teammate Marc Maruqez in the last two seasons. Pedrosa was the first to beat Marquez this season. This happened at the Czech Grand Prix in Brno, and later the Spaniard slipped to fourth place in the championship, behind both Yamaha racers, Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo. Suppo claims that it is not only Dani who is to blame for the lack of points, but he cited the collision with Andrea Iannone in Australia as an example. "Denmark is a bit sorry for me as he was in second place in the overall standings almost all season," he said.
According to Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene, Esteban Gutierrez was too young to make his Formula One debut in 2012 and paid the price for advancing to the top car class at the end of this season, when the Swiss team suspended after three seasons of racing with Sauber. The Mexican became Ferrari's test and backup racer last week, and brought his sponsor, telecommunications giant America Movil, to Maranello, which includes the Telmex, Telcel and Claro brands, whose logos will be visible on Ferrari's Kimi Raikkoten and Sebastian. Arrivabene warned that Gutierrez should not be underestimated. "Esteban is one of the racers who got into Formula One too soon. Talented racers must not step too fast
The future of the historic Monza racetrack, where races have been held since the first half of the 20th century, is uncertain, according to Italian media. Bernie Ecclestone warned some time ago that the contract for the race in Italy, which expires after the 2016 season, is a disaster. Now, however, new bad news has emerged for Monza relating to the law of stability. An amendment is reported to exclude a € 1 million tax exemption. Politician Fabrizio Sala said: "The law penalizes the Monza racetrack by jeopardizing its future on the Formula 1 racing calendar." Ivan Capelli, a former FXNUMX racer who became the director of the Milan car club this year, promises to fight for Monza's survival. "Our task is clear - to find funds."
Robert Kubica will also be racing in the WRC World Rally Championship next season. The former Formula One racer, winner of the 2008 Canadian Grand Prix, toyed with the idea of returning from the speed trials of rallies to the racetracks, but the Pole has already registered for the first rally of the new championship season, which will take place next month in Monte Carlo. The 30-year-old Kubica will continue to race with the Ford Fiesta RS, which will be prepared by either the M-Sport team or the Italian A-Style team, and in his camp they remain stingy with statements about the decision about the future. They only said they would announce a formal decision next week. Kubica delayed the application until the last minute, as the deadline for submitting it expired on Friday evening, and the Pole submitted it late in the afternoon.
Jacques Villeneuve said that the first appearance of 17-year-old Max Verstappn in the formula will be taken as an insult, as all racers, including him, unlike the Dutchman, had to prove themselves much more and prove themselves in many lower categories. "Are they aware at Red Bull that they are going to seat a child in a Formula One car?" wondered the 1997 season champion. "I have no doubt he's fast, but he has no experience. I got into Formula One myself when I was 25 after winning Indy Car. Before you play with the lives of others, you have to learn racing and the role of Formula One is not learning, ”said the universally critical Canadian, who believes the newly adopted age limit of 18 is still too low. "The limit should be at 21. You should get into Formula One as a winner with a lot of experience. F1 is not a place where
The father of 25-year-old Jules Bianchi said the Formula One driver is still in critical condition after Sunday's accident. "Jules fights, as always, just like during the competition. He's strong." he added. After emergency head surgery, after crashing into a mobile crane lifting another race car that flew off the track just a lap before the tragic accident, he is still in hospital in Japan. In his honor, at the Russian Grand Prix this weekend, the Marussia team will not be racing with his car, despite Tuesday’s confirmation that auxiliary driver Alexander Rossi will be driving the race instead of Bianchi.