Racer Manor Marussie, Roberto Merhi, in the first Formula Renault 3.5 race, where he competes in Formula One, after crossing the finish line, did the stupidity that cost him to compete in the second and third races, the race end in Austria. When he crossed the finish line in fourth, he immediately slowed sharply and fifth-placed Nicholas Latifi could not avoid a collision with the Spaniard. Although the collision was severe and the two cars were badly damaged, both racers were able to walk away from the crash site. The commissioners initially attributed a 10-second penalty to Merhi, pushing him to 11th place in the 1st race standings, but later banned him from appearing in the second and third races. [vsw id = "o1GL4n12yNI" source = "youtube" width = "600" height = "400" autoplay = "no"]
Manor team boss John Booth believes his team will start showing real potential at the Spanish Grand Prix this weekend. The team has struggled over the winter to revive Marussia, and for the past few months they have been struggling to survive. Nevertheless, they managed to get the 2014 season car, which they will use until they prepare a new one around the summer break, to cross the finish line in China and Bahrain, and then they continued their journey to the factory in Great Britain. Manor’s boss hopes for changes in a positive direction as Formula 1 returns to Europe. "The first two months of the year and six weeks until Melbourne were nothing more than getting the car ready for the starting line. We all worked very hard at the factory, so there was no room for anything else. When we came back from some time ago Bahrain,
Jenson Button lost one place in Sunday’s race in Shanghai and thus finished fourteenth after accepting guilt for colliding with Pastor Maldonado in the final laps. The commissioners added five seconds of punishment and two penalty points to his time. During the overtaking or defending its place several times changed direction. In the forty-ninth lap, the Briton wanted to outwit his opponent in the first corner and there was contact between them. The Venezuelan spun around and drove into the pits in the next lap, a lap later parked in the garage. Button continued the race without difficulty, and at the hearing he admitted that he was responsible for the collision. Roberto Merhi also received two penalty points and a five-second penalty for failing to comply with the prescribed time limit during the safety of the car.
Roberto Merhi will be taking part in a Formula One race in Australia for the first time this weekend, as he has been confirmed by Marussia as their racer at the start of the season, joining Will Stevens, confirmed in February. "I'm really looking forward to the event. I've been given a lot of responsibility, but I feel ready for the next step in my career and I want to show that I can make a significant contribution to the team's development," said the 1-year-old, who boasts success in the lower series. In addition to this announcement, Marussia also named a new development racer, whose place belonged to the twenty-one-year-old Briton Jordan King. Marussi's team boss John Booth said: "It's great to welcome Robert and Jordan among us. Not only are they very talented young racers with an exciting future ahead of them, but
At Marussia, they are ready to appear in Melbourne and take part in the first race of this season next weekend. They say they will use an intermediate version of the car, working with them to comply with all the rules in 2015, and later they will present the car they designed last year (we already wrote about it and posted pictures on this link.) John Booth will continue to work at the helm of the team, Graeme Lowdon will be president and athletic director, Justin King will be seen as interim executive chairman, and businessman Stephen Fitzpatrick is the investor who financially supported the team. Lowden says: “I thank all the teams, the FIA, Formula One Management, our suppliers and employees, as well as the fans for the support we have received over the past six
Marussia hopes to appear in their first race in Melbourne this season, and so they have announced Will Stevens as the first racer to compete in their race car. The team says their cars are in the “final stages of construction” and plan to be ready and transported to Australia in a timely manner. Stevens was already working as Marussa’s racer at the end of last season, and last year he also got the chance to make his first appearance in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix race when he drove with Caterham. On expectations for the current team he will race for, he said: "It's exciting to watch everything come together after so much effort has been put in to keep the team going. This wouldn't have been possible without the tremendous incredible support we've had. received from suppliers and especially team members, k
Maurizio Arrivabene has confirmed talks with the Manor team (formerly Marussia), which is struggling to get to the starting line of Formula One. They have already done a lot with Manor, but it stops somewhere other than with money. Ferrari and McLaren have lent Manor £ 10 million, but if there is any of that, the team will be driving with Maranello generators and last year's ones. they are doomed to failure, but they will still be good for the number on the starting line. Who knows, but they may be constantly out of 107% of the fastest time in qualifying.
The Marussia F1 Team has yet to give up on the possibility of returning to the top class of motorsport, although other teams have voted against the proposal to compete in last season’s race car. The team nonetheless says their plan to return from bankruptcy, scheduled for Feb. 19, and re-run is perfectly feasible. Sports director Graeme Lowdon said: "We are doing everything we can to ensure a comeback, which would be fantastic news for the whole sport. We want to race." The strategic group of Formula 1, which includes Mercedes, Red Bull, Williams, Ferrari, McLaren and Force India, as well as the FIA and owners with commercial rights, has therefore voted against the possibility of using the old car. With such a response, they were again "accused" of looking only at their own interests and not at sports,
Gene Hass, who plans to arrive in a Formula 1 caravan in the 2016 season, has set out on a hunt for the remains of the Marussia team. He had already participated in Marussa’s auction, but the funds were mostly sold to higher bidders. The factory in Banbury, which he has now purchased, was not part of the auction, and its purpose is to use it as a European base, while the team is otherwise located in North Carolina. A report on the factory’s recent purchase adds that Haas is also expected to have Marussa’s data and models for the 2015 race car.
The failed Marussia goes to market, you might say. Namely, the auction starts today, where we can all participate in the purchase of the team's remains. There are many different parts on sale, from advertising material, souvenirs, racing car parts, furniture, workshop, workshop equipment and so on. Practically everything is available to start your Formula One team, only the contract with Ferrari for the supply of engines still needs to be secured. You can follow the auction on GAEV.com. A lot of interest in certain things comes from America, more specifically from Gene Haas, co-owner of the NASCAR team, which is also entering Formula One. Gene wants transport trucks, the furniture is also interesting to him, and parts of dikralni, which would make it easier for him to enter the Formula One caravan. Gene said the English teams are having a weird time