Fernando Alonso has announced that he will release his autobiography, in which he will reveal his truth, at the end of his racing career. The Spaniard is expected to publish the book at the end of 2018, when he ended his career as an F1 racer for two years, but he decided to postpone it because he also competed in the 24ur Le Mans race and the Dakar Rally. vz Alpine F1 team. The two-time world champion said the decision only makes sense. “I’ve been working on the book for a few years now,” he said. "I was supposed to publish it in 1, I left Formula 2018, and then we postponed it a few more times because I raced in other categories and now I'm in F1 again. So the book will come out when I stop racing." Alonso is expected to reveal many details about his years at Renault and his tense relationship with Lewis Hami
Fernando Alonso underwent upper jaw fracture surgery and dental reconstruction after yesterday’s accident. The Spaniard, who is returning to Formula 1 this year after two seasons of absence, overtook a convoy of vehicles at an intersection in front of the Lidl supermarket yesterday, crashing into the right side of the car of a 42-year-old Swiss citizen who was turning right. He suffered a fracture of his upper jaw and several broken teeth in the collision, and successfully underwent reconstructive surgery overnight, and will remain in hospital care and observation for another two days. The two-time world champion is expected to return soon, however, to preparations for the start of the season, which will be in Bahrain next month.
Italian colleagues at the Gazzetta dello Sport report that Fernando Alonso was involved in a car accident near Lugano, Switzerland, when he was hit by a car while riding a bicycle. Initial findings unofficially show a broken jaw and other minor injuries, but the two-time F1 world champion is not thought to be in life-threatening condition. Alonso had planned to return to Formula 1 this year with the Alpine F1 team, but it looks like he will have to miss the start of the season. Moments before the accident, Fernando Alonso shared a photo of training on a bike on his Instagram profile. The news about the accident was also confirmed by the Alpine team, which issued a press release stating that the condition of the Spaniard will be known after additional examinations, but for now it is only known that he is conscious and feeling well. https://twitter.com/Alp
La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that the Fernando Alonso accident has cost the insurance company € 1.8 million so far, and the Spaniard could be left without that amount if he sat in a race car in Melbourne. “Insurance companies require teams to keep the racer in good health,” Lugi Perna explained, adding that the amount Alonso will receive is calculated on the basis of his annual salary of € 34 million. But the two-time champion will be left without so-called sick pay if the team’s absence turns out to be the fault of the team, while McLarn has already denied a technical fault on the car. “I have a feeling the accident may have been caused by a gust of wind, which some find hard to believe,” McLaren team boss Ron Dennis said in Melbourne. "It may have been a lack of concentration, sa
Toto Wolff, head of the Mercedes team, said he did not believe McLaren Honda was hiding or misleading anything about the Fernando Alonso crash at tests in Barcelona. The Spaniard crashed into a concrete wall along the track on Feb. 22 and then spent four days in hospital, sparking wild speculation about the reasons for the crash. “The FIA is investigating the crash,” Wolff said. “If there was something like this that other teams should know, they would have already told us that,” he added, explaining that in such collisions, looks can be deceiving. "Often the least spectacular accidents have the biggest health consequences. After a concussion, you have to be careful, which makes more sense than traveling to the other side of the world, to drive a car that is unlikely to compete in the first race anyway," he added. added Wolff. Similarly ra
Rumors and speculations that Fernando Alonso was unconscious even before his car collided with a concrete wall at tests in Barcelona are getting louder. Adding fuel to the fire was a report by the Italian Gazzetta dello Sport that the Spaniard's accident was filmed by a Ferrari race car driven by Sebastian Vettel after the two-time champion. It is clear from the video that the McLaren Honde car suddenly slowed down sharply and then drove inexplicably into a concrete wall next to the track. Former FIA official and commissioner Joaquin Verdegay told the Spanish AS: "It would be easier to believe if we were told that Alonso has lost consciousness or that he simply got food poisoning, which can happen to anyone. But something it certainly happened.That he lost consciousness
The last day of other tests before the season was marked by the severe and as yet unexplained accident of Fernando Alonso. The Spaniard drove off the track at high speed and crashed into a concrete wall. However, the car was not seriously damaged, which indicates that despite the high speed as the impact, it was not such that a strong force would act on the car and thus the racer, which would cause injuries. According to the testimony of those present on the track, the two-time champion got out of the car by himself, and then besieged it until the rescuers arrived. Some claim he was unconscious for a short time, but when medical staff took him to a medical center on the track and from there to the hospital, they confirmed he was sober and unharmed. That he did not suffer any injuries was also found in the hospital, where a thorough examination was performed. From M
McLaren reported that Fernando Alonso was completely unharmed after the accident in Barcelona. The Spaniard flew off the track at the exit of the third turn, smashing his car against a concrete wall. The two-time champion was taken to hospital, where after a thorough examination it was determined that he remained completely unharmed. McLarn did not want to talk about the circumstances of the possible causes of the accident, they only explained that they would provide more information later. With Alonso’s accident, however, the second pre-season test also ended prematurely. The former Ferrari racer drove 124 laps, the car should be taken over by teammate Jenson Button in the afternoon.
Fernando Alonso crashed into a wall in tests in Barcelona just ten minutes before a one-hour lunch break. His mclarna was rotated in the third turn and then allegedly crashed backwards into a concrete wall. At first glance, the car was not badly damaged, and the staff who came to Alonso's aid at the scene reported that he was conscious. The former Ferrari racer got out of the car by himself, but then those present at the race track saw him lying next to the car, until the rescuers arrived. The Spaniard had previously driven only 20 laps, but after the collision he was taken by ambulance to a medical center, and from there by helicopter to a nearby hospital. According to initial information, he is a two-time champion of consciousness. More to follow ...
The second day of testing in Barcelona was the most successful of McLaren Honda's preparations so far this year. Fernando Alonso drove 59 laps all day, achieving a time of 1: 25.961, which was 1.387 seconds worse than the fastest, taken by Daniel Ricciardo in a Red Bull race car. The team is facing major problems with reliability, as despite the most successful day, Alonso drove the fewest laps of all the racers. “So far, we’ve only done half of the things we wanted,” admitted McLarn’s racing director, Eric Boullier. "We have 12 days to prepare, which means that if we miss more than half, we will not be one hundred percent ready. That means we are 50 percent behind with our plans." Boullier admitted, among other things, that at