On the second day of motoGP class testing in Texas, Marc Marquez retained the lead. Behind him, as the first day, were the closest Spaniards Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo.
On the second day of testing in Austin, they were the leading racers of the factory Honda. The young Marquez lost a small advantage over his teammate Dani Pedroso, but still remained in first place. Behind them, Jorge Lorenzo finished in third place. The Spaniards were followed by LCR Honda racer Stefan Bradl and nine-time world champion Valentino Rossi.
The Yamaha team decided to complete the tests in Austin, as they believe they have gathered enough data for the engineers, and the racer is expected to get to know the track in detail.
Poor grip on the track continued to cause problems for the racers, preventing them from optimal grip and consequently peak times. Jorge Lorenzo also said that they are not completely satisfied with the team, due to the lag behind Honda, although Honda came a little closer on the second day of the race. “We lose the most on the plains,” Jorge added.
Test results - second day:
1. Marc Marquez (Spa / Honda) 2: 03,853 / 54 laps
2. Dani Pedrosa (Spa / Honda) 2: 03,976 / 58 laps
3. Jorge Lorenzo (Spa / Yamaha) 2: 04,351 / 65 laps
4. Stefan Bradl (Nem / LCR Honda) 2: 04,640 / 49 laps
5. Valentino Rossi (Ita / Yamaha) 2: 04,960 / 67 laps
6. Blake Young (USA / Attack Performance) 2: 13,641 / 47 laps
7. Michael Barnes (USA / GPTech) 2: 13,993 / 22 laps
If you wish, you can donate to us quickly and securely via PayPal. Every contribution helps us, your team World of Speed!
You can donate at this link ->Donate