In today's royal class qualifiers, the current world champion Jorge Lorenzo won the best starting position for the Qatar Grand Prix.
In the first qualifiers of this year at the racetrack in Losail, the Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo "took" the qualifications excellently and won the best starting position for the race in Qatar. The second place was secured by the Briton Cal Crutchlow, and the third place was won by Dani Pedrosa. In contrast to the excellent results in training, the young Marquez and the nine-time world champion Valentino Rossi disappointed, winning only the sixth and seventh time behind the leader.
For the first time, a new qualifications system was also used. The qualifications have been and will be divided into two groups in the future and will last twice for 15 minutes. The 10 fastest from free practice will qualify for the first group of qualifications, and the second racers will compete in the second group, in which the fastest two will join the top ten from the first group. After a ten-minute break, 15 racers will compete for the best starting position in 12 minutes. The rest will rank from 13th place according to the time achieved.
Don’t forget to watch the spectacular first race of this season, which will start on Sunday at 21pm, preceded by a moto3 and moto2 class race.
Qualifying results of this year's first race:
- moto2 class:
1. P. Espargaro (Spa / Tuenti HP 40) 2: 00,882
2. T. Nakagami (Jap / Italtrans Racing Team) 2: 01,014
3. M. Kallio (Fin / VDS Racing Team) 2: 01,041
4. S. Redding (VB / Marc VDS Racing Team) 2: 01,089
5. D. Aegerter (Switzerland / Technomag carXpert) 2: 01,120
6. J. Simon (Spa / Italtrans Racing Team) 2: 01,447
7. N. Terol (Spa / Mapfre Aspar Team) 2: 01,454
8. E. Rabat (Spa / Tuenti HP 40) 2: 01,462
9. Marcel Schrotter (Nem / Desguaces La Torre) 2: 01,541
10. Mike Di Meglio (Fra / Jir Moto2) 2: 01,573
- moto3 class:
1. L. Salom (Spa / Red Bull KTM Ajo) 2: 07,229
2. M. Vinales (Spa / Team Calvo) 2: 07,337
3. A. Rins (Estrella Galicia) 2: 07,596
4. J. Folger (Nem / Mapfre Aspar Team) 2: 07,894
5. M. Oliveira (Por / Mahindra Racing) 2: 08,409
6. A. Techer (Fra / TSR Honda) 2: 08,471
7. J. Kornfeil (Czech / Kalex KTM) 2: 08,482
8. E. Vazquez (Spa / Mahindra Racing) 2: 08,521
9. A. Marquez (Spa / Estrella Galicia) 2: 08,556
10. Arthur Sissis (Aus / Red Bull KTM Ajo) 2: 08,567
If you want, you can support us with a donation via PayPal. Simply scan the QR code below! Thank you!