From 19 to 21 June, the Gorjanci mountain speed race will be on the agenda again. On the 4,3 km long course, the competitors will compete in the Slovenian and Austrian championships, and the race will also be considered the European Championship of vintage cars, the European Mountain Speed Cup. The listed competitions are a guarantee for a great race, worth watching.
This year's national championship in mountain speed racing traditionally started in neighboring Verzegnis, where last year's success was repeated by the current national champion Matevž Boh (Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX), who is coming to Gorjanci as the leader in the Slovenian national championship, in second and third place. Peter Marc (Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX) and Denis Žbogar (Renault Clio R3) finished the race in the vicinity of Udine. The race was missed by multiple national champions Milan Bubnič (Lancia Delta HF Integrale) and Aleš Prek (Honda Civic R).
This season, a total of 6 mountain speed races will be held in the Slovenian national championship, in addition to the one already held in Verzegnis, the following will follow:
|GHD Gorjanci||21. 06. 2015|
|GHD Lučine||09. 08. 2015|
|GHD Ilirska Bistrica||30. 08. 2015|
|GHD Buzet Days (CRO)||20. 09. 2015|
|GHD Cheddar (I)||11. 10. 2015|
The national championship and cup championships of the Republic of Slovenia are advertised in a joint classification and four different divisions:
- Division 1 (vehicles of groups A and N up to 1400 ccm with FIA or national type-approval, vehicles Kit car up to 1400 ccm, vehicles with expired FIA type-approval of groups A and N up to 1400 ccm, and vehicles R1a and R1b)
- Division 2 (E1 SLO up to 2000 ccm, cup cars Renault Clio 2.0, Twingo, Megane 2.0, Fiat Punto, Fiat Seicento prepared in accordance with the rules of individual cup competitions)
- Division 3 (FIA approved two-wheel drive vehicles up to 2000 ccm, also R3T and R3D without div. 1 vehicles)
- Division 4 (formulas and prototypes)
- Accuracy (vintage vehicles)
(source: http: //www.ghd-gorjanci.si/GHD_Gorjanci/Novice.aspx)
Photos: Blaž Štremfelj
If you wish, you can donate to us quickly and securely via PayPal. Every contribution helps us, your team World of Speed!
You can donate at this link ->Donate